Anti Static SheetExceliteplas provides high-quality Anti Static Sheet in Australia. We are Premium Electrostatic Dissipative (ESD) Polycarbonate Supplier.
ESD Anti-Static Coating IntroductionStatic electricity is an objective natural phenomenon, such as contact, friction can cause static electricity. ESD protection technology use very widely in electronic industry, oil industry, steel industry, textile industry, rubber industry, and electrostatic hazards Air-military areas, seeking to reduce losses caused by static electricity. Excelite Anti-static（Electro-Static discharge）coating is a product designed to control static electricity for a wide range of end uses. It is a polycarbonate sheet or PMMA sheet which has been surfaced with SciCron Technologies proprietary, clear. This unique technology prevents charge generation on the sheet surfaces, thereby controlling particulate attraction and preventing electrostatic discharge (ESD) events. This performance is permanent and totally independent of humidity. Excelite ESD sheet offers various thickness and sheet sizes. Our sheet is very light weight, it also exhibits superior impact resistance and flame spread properties, excellent light transmission, chemical resistance, and abrasion resistance.
- applications include; machine guards, covers, windows, doors,
- Construction of clean room plant (semiconductor, LCD, electronics, optics and medicine, etc.),
- access panels or cover for electronic equipment,
- Cleanroom equipment shelter,
- Clean room space separated,
- Clean equipment,
- Observation windows and equipment enclosures,
- Electronic test fixture, etc.
- assembly machines and instruments;
- transparent room patio
Anti-Static Sheet Technical Data
|Product name:||Anti static panel(PMMA)|
|Coating Specification||Static Dissipative Abrasion Resistant Coating|
|Adhesion||100% Cross hatch adhesion ASTM D3359|
|TEST ITEMS||UNIT||SPEC.||RESULTS||TEST METHOD|
|Optical properties||Transmittance||%||Up 85||90.02||Haze meter JIS K7105|
|Mechanical properties||Pencil hardness||–||4H↑||4H||Pencil tester JIS K5400|
|Surface resistance||Ω/㎠||10^6~8||2.1×10^6||Surface resistance tester ASTM D-257|
|Cross cut||–||100/100||100/100||Cross cut test|
|Anti-scratch||–||Good||Good||steel wool #0000|
|Environment properties||High temperature||–||Ok||External appearance: No change Hardness : No change|
|Hot Water test||–||Ok|
|Chemical properties||DI WATER||25° C, 24hrs dipping||Ok||External appearance: No change Hardness : No change|
|Sulfuric acid (30%aq.)||Ok|
What is ESD Anti-Static Coating?Also known as Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) coating, an anti-static coating is an electrically conductive material that helps to inhibit static charge generation and build-up on the surface of items like clothes, paper, electronics, etc. They are usually applied to the surfaces of materials like polycarbonate for protection against static electricity damage. ESD Polycarbonate sheet or panel consists of a layer of metal/plastic coating that has anti-static properties.
Why use Anti Static Polycarbonate Sheets?The anti-static effect of an ESD coating is permanent and is not affected by humidity fluctuations. Therefore, ESD polycarbonate sheets have several benefits:
- Transparent and clear as glass.
- High impact resistance and very lightweight.
- Prevents Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) damages like fires, explosions, electronics damage, etc.
- Highly surface-resistive and hence, prevents contaminations and dust build-ups.
- Restricts static charge generation on the surface even on frequent or repetitive contact/friction.
- Resistant to chemicals, abrasion, and tribocharging.
- Highly-durable and weatherproof.
- Can be easily bent, cut, drilled, thermoformed, or printed.
- Increases the safety of end-users by eliminating static electricity shocks.
Applications of ESD Polycarbonate Sheets and PanelsDue to its virtually unbreakable nature, high optical clarity, and anti-static properties, ESD polycarbonate sheets are ideal for applications in many industries like textile, oil, rubber, steel, military, navy, etc. Some of the most common applications of anti static polycarbonate sheets include but are not limited to:
- Machine guards/covers/hoods
- Electronic equipment covers and access panels
- Observation enclosures/windows
- Static control shields
- Glove boxes
- Testing equipment
- Assembly machines for electronics
- Environment-glazing panels
- Cleanroom glazing construction
- Room patio, etc.