Anti Fog Film
Exceliteplas offers quality Polycarbonate Film in Australia. Our premium Anti Fog Film uses anti fog coating technology on polycarbonate.
Premium Polycarbonate FilmExcelite Anti Fog Coating Technologies can deliver a variety of anti-fog coated films or sheets for many different applications, such as medical, industrial and commercial and safety protection or electronics applications. Our anti-fog coatings can be used on a variety of different materials including polycarbonate sheet and films, PMMA films and sheets to special order parts and applications. The coating will not saturate or fail under very humid environment and can retain anti-fog properties after repeated cleaning on the surface, it’s water washable. Excelite Anti-fog product also has abrasion resistance, chemical and Impact resistance features, Material: Polycarbonate sheet, PMMA sheet(Acrylic sheet), PET sheet Thickness: 0.125mm-12mm Size: 1220*2440mm or cut to size testing for anti fog function
- Construction & Building
- (Conservatory/Greenhouses, Anti-fog Mirrors)
- Automotive & Transit (Aerospace, Bus/Coach, Motorcycle, Rail etc.)
- Commercial Freezer Display Cases
- Electronics (HUD, LED, Digital Billboard Displays)
- Medical & Chemical Safety protection
Anti-Fog Sheet Technical Data
|Product name:||Anti-Fog polycarbonate sheet|
|Coating Specification||Formable Anti-Fog CoatingAbrasion Resistance Hard Coating|
|Adhesion||100% Cross hatch adhesion ASTM D3359|
|Coating Thickness||9.0-15.0 Microns|
|Anti-fog||>3 mins @ 60℃ and >98% RH|
|TEST ITEMS||UNIT||SPEC.||RESULTS||TEST METHOD|
|Opticalproperties||Transmittance||%||Up 85||90.02||Haze meterJIS K7105|
|Mechanicalproperties||Pencil hardness||–||HB||HB||Pencil testerJIS K5400|
|Taber||%||Haze||<10||Taber CS10F/100 cycles at 500 g 5%ASTM D1044|
|Cross cut||–||100/100||100/100||Cross cut test|
|Anti-fog||–||>3 minutes||@122℉ >98% RH|
|Environment properties||High temperature||–||Ok||External appearance :No changeHardness : No change|
|Hot Water test||–||Ok|
|Chemicalproperties||DI WATER||25℃, 24hrs dipping||Ok||External appearance :No changeHardness : No change|
|Sulfuric acid (30%aq.)||Ok|
Why is Anti Fog Coating Required on Polycarbonate??Fogging occurs naturally due to fluctuations in temperature and humidity. Fog consists of tiny droplets of water that condenses on any surface to form a blurry film. Anti-fog coatings on polycarbonate ensure visibility is not hampered due to fogging. An anti-fog coating consists of a hydrophilic (water-loving) material that absorbs moisture in fog and converts it into an extremely thin film. This thin film allows light to pass through without distortion and thus eliminates fogging. Anti-fog coatings are hard coatings and are permanent. They do not strip away even after repeated washings.
Benefits of Anti Fog Polycarbonate Sheets
- Reduces excessive eye strain.
- Reduces risks of workplace injuries.
- Improves visibility during cycling, driving, or motorsport racing.
Special Features of Excelite Anti Fog Polycarbonate Sheets
- Extremely clear and transparent with no fogging.
- High dimensional stability even under fluctuating environmental conditions.
- Resistant to high impact and chemicals.
- UV-resistant hence does not fade or yellow.
- Compatible with mirror-coating materials.
- Can be combined with other technologies like anti-scratch, anti-static, anti-graffiti, anti-glare, etc.
- Low yield loss due to less debris during die-cutting.
- Can be printed on both sides.
- Highly flexible and versatile in use.
Applications of Excelite Anti Fog Polycarbonate Sheets
- Safety shields like helmet visors, military masks, sandblasting helmet guards, etc.
- Sportswear like ski goggles, motorcycle goggles, diving masks, etc.
- Medical safety screens like face screen guards, eyewear, etc.
- Personal eye wears like spectacles, sunglasses, etc.
- Automobile windshields, headlamps, and windows
- High-reflective mirrors
- Cold storage display cabinets