Polycarbonate sheets have become popular materials due to their outstanding qualities. There are many reasons why professionals like architects and engineers prefer using these high-performing products.
If you're starting on a new construction project or considering making renovations, you may find these sheets to be quite advantageous. They are lightweight, have the capacity to withstand extreme temperatures, and possess flame-retardantqualities. Polycarbonate roofing sheets are widely used in construction works for their exceptional versatility.
From home improvements to industrial projects — these materials come in various levels of thickness and structural strength. Polycarbonate roof panels are the perfect choice for carports, patios, and deck areas. They can make superb domes, polycarbonate windows, dividing walls and skylights.
Let's take a closer look at these remarkable poly roof sheets, exploring how it is made and why it has become such an effective material.
What is Polycarbonate? Polycarbonate is an engineering plastic with exceptional clarity, shock resistance, and temperature endurance. It is an adaptable material that can be easily fabricated into different forms, including sheets, films, and panels. Polycarbonate is a resilient, thermoplastic that maintains its form and stability even under extreme conditions. Here are the reasons to consider polycarbonate as a reliable building material.
- Bendable: Polycarbonate sheets offer excellent flexibility and can be easily bent or moulded into various shapes and configurations. This versatility allows for creative and customised designs, making them suitable for architectural features, curved surfaces, and unique applications.
- Good Insulator: Most of these sheets are thermally insulating material, meaning it helps regulate heat transfer. It can effectively reduce heat loss during colder seasons and minimise heat gain during hotter months. This property can contribute to energy efficiency and provide a comfortable indoor environment.
- Transmits Light: Polycarbonate sheeting have excellent light transmission properties, allowing natural light to penetrate into the building. This feature creates a bright interior and also helps in reducing the need for artificial lighting during the day, enhancing the overall aesthetic appeal of the property.
- Chemical Resistance: Polycarbonate sheeting is extremely resistant to many different chemical substances including acids, bases, and solvents. This quality makes it suitable in industrial settings or chemical processing facilities. Moreover, polycarbonate's chemical resistance helps ensure long-lasting performance and durability in demanding environments.
- Protection from UV Radiations: Many polycarbonate boards are equipped with UV protection coatings. The UV resistance of this material helps prevent fading, yellowing, and degradation, making it a reliable choice for outdoor applications and areas exposed to direct sunlight.
- Raw Material Preparation: The first step is preparing the polycarbonate resin by blending BPA with stabilisers and UV absorbers. This mixture is melted to form a homogenous liquid.
- Extrusion: The molten polycarbonate resin is then fed into an extruder, which applies pressure and heat to further melt the material. The extruder consists of a screw that pushes the molten resin through a die, shaping it into a continuous sheet.
- Cooling and Solidification: As the extruded polycarbonate sheet exits the die, it passes through a series of cooling rollers or a water bath to rapidly cool and solidify the material. This controlled cooling process helps prevent warping and ensures uniform thickness across the sheet.
- Trimming and Finishing: After solidification, the polycarbonate sheet is trimmed to the desired dimensions. It may undergo additional processes like surface treatments (e.g., UV protection coating) or texturing for specific applications.
- Quality Control: Throughout the manufacturing process, quality control measures are implemented to ensure the final product meets the required standards. This includes checking for defects, verifying thickness and clarity, conducting various performance tests, etc.
Quality, Reliability, and Innovation - Your Polycarbonate Sheets Experts At Excelite Plastics, we go beyond being a supplier of clear roofing products. We strive to be your trusted partner, delivering a comprehensive range of Polycarbonate sheets in Melbourne, Australia.
With our expertise and dedication, we aim to support your projects and help you achieve success. Here's what you can expect when you choose our polycarbonate sheet solutions:
- Quality: We make it our goal to deliver high-quality products to our customers. Our polycarbonate sheets undergo stringent quality control measures at every stage of the manufacturing process. This ensures that our products meet the highest standards of durability, impact resistance, and optical clarity. With us, you can trust in the quality of our polycarbonate transparent sheet for roofs.
- Reliability: We value our customers and strive to be a reliable supplier to fulfil their project’s needs. You can rely on us to provide you with polycarbonate sheets of premium quality. Our team maintains a consistent supply chain and efficient production processes to ensure timely delivery of our products.
- Innovation: We are dedicated to continuous innovation in the field of polycarbonate sheet manufacturing. Therefore, we stay updated with the latest technological advancements and industry trends. This allows us to offer innovative solutions to cater to different industry needs. Whether it's developing new sheet profiles, incorporating advanced coatings, or exploring eco-friendly options, our experts bring innovative products and solutions to the market.