A SUPERIOR RANGE OF Transparent Kayak
What is Clear and Transparent Kayak?
Figure 1 Transparent Kayak
Material for Clear and Transparent Kayak
- Light weight
- Resistance to chemicals and water absorption
- Degree of light transmission
- Ease of fabrication
- Ability to handle heavy weight, etc.
Figure 2 Solid polycarbonate sheets
Figure 3 polycarbonate kayak
- Resistant to a wide temperature range
- When treated with anti-ultraviolet radiation, it neither degrades nor turns yellow after several years of use. It is 99% UV resistant
- Virtually unbreakable due to high impact
- High light transmission (93%)
- Light weight
- Easy to machine and fabricate to virtually any shape
- Easy to clean and handle
- Dimensionally stable
- Does not absorb water
Main Components and Parts of Transparent Kayak
3.1. Kayak PaddleWhat is a paddle? A paddle is a tool/equipment used to push against the water. A kayak paddle, therefore, is a device that allows you to propel the kayak through the water. It has a great significance on your performance in the water. Understand that even a short tour on the water requires lots of strokes, a paddle through your strength. Therefore, it facilitates your craft’s movement through the water body.
Figure 4 Kayak Peddle
- Material type
- Blade and shaft shapes
3.2. Kayak MotorPaddling a kayak through rough waters can be very tiring. For a fact, you may not enjoy the kayaking activity at all. You don’t have to worry about this again – thanks to kayak motors. It is easier to enjoy leisure time in sightseeing and relaxation without wasting energy. How? A kayak motor provides a kind of machine-generated paddling. It provides a work free type of paddling. This is helpful for those who don’t want to use lots of energy manually paddling their kayaks. A kayak motor allows you to use the craft with much ease and enjoyment. It helps you sail through the water smoothly and quietly. The bottom line: Kayak motor will make you concentrate more on the fun part of kayaking and not just on the boat direction and sound.
3.3. Kayak SeatsYou can only enjoy kayaking when you’re comfortable – a reason why you need kayak seats. With kayak seats, you will enjoy every moment you spend on the water. You can sit comfortably for long hours. Yes! Modern kayaks come with high quality and comfortable seats. They provide the necessary support for both your back and legs. Kayak seats come in a variety of options. You can go for inbuilt or removable types. Alternatively, you may consider hard and rigid or soft seats. I mean, the options are endless. Furthermore, there are the multi adjustable seats. Therefore, you can adjust the sitting height and position. Guess what? Your transparent kayak will be very comfortable.
3.4. Kayak FrameA kayak frame is a structural component that gives the kayak its cross-sectional shape. It is basically the skeleton of the kayak. For kayaks, there are two types of frames:
- Sit-On-Top (SOT) frame
- Sit-In frame.
- More stable
- Self-bailing which provides for easy access into and out of the kayak
3.5. Kayak HullThe hull is the main body of the kayak. It includes the bottom, sides, and deck of the craft. And in this case, it is made of the transparent polycarbonate material. Like the frames, there are two types of kayak hulls:
- Displacement hull
3.6. Kayak AirbagLike most automotive devices, kayaks also have airbags today. Most of you may wonder; an airbag? And, what are they for? Well, airbags in kayaks are an added safety feature. They help to keep the vessel afloat in case it capsizes. I know you’d not want to hear this, but it is the reality: When a kayak submerges in water, the possibility of it filling up with water if it doesn’t have an airbag is very high. And when this happens, it can be tough to paddle or move it. It can be tricky for you to turn it upside down to drain the water. It is because of such possibilities that kayak airbags are made available today. They help prevent water from filling up your vessel in the event it capsizes. Generally, they make kayak easier to retrieve in the above situations.
3.7. Kayak Balance FloatSometimes, kayaking can have its challenges. You may end up getting into the water either by choice or when your boat capsizes. In this case, you will need to do a self-recovery – get yourself back into the boat. Normally, this is not an easy thing to do on a boat that is on water. In this case, a balance float could be helpful. Balance float? Yes, this is a floatation device that helps to provide stability to an unstable vessel. Such that when your kayak gets submerged, you can use it to help provide balance for your kayak. That is, when you are trying to get back in from the water when it is upright.
3.8. Removable RudderThe rudder is the long, narrow fin-like a blade that runs from the stern of your kayak into the water. This device can be moved from side to side affecting the flow of the water. As a result, it changes the direction which the kayak sails. It is a steering device ideally meant to provide you with the ability to control your kayak during rough conditions. It plays an important role in crosswinds when the kayak starts to misbehave. A removable rudder, therefore, is one that can be detached with ease from the kayak.
3.9. Kayak RoofKayak roofs also known as canopies, or Biminis will protect you from harsh weather conditions. These may include extremely harsh sun radiations or rainy weather. So, basically, it will protect even the seat covers, cushions, etc. These roofs are made of:
- Folding metal frame
- Cloth cover
- Protective storage “boot” designed to snap or zip around the roof when it is kayak stows
Advantages of Clear Kayak
Optical TransparencyTransparency is the main advantage of the transparent kayak. This vessel features an all clear and transparent material that is 100% visible both from the inside and the outside. What’s more? It allows you to see the bottom of the sea with all its wonders. It gives you the freedom and opportunity to explore the surrounding marine life while out on the water.
LightweightThe clear and transparent kayak is very lightweight all thanks to the polycarbonate material used to make it and the aluminum frame construction. The kayak is so light which makes it easy to carry and transport from one sport to the next. Being lightweight, this kayak floats so well on the water and is practically unsinkable.
Durable and Hard WearingAlthough lightweight, do not be fooled because this kayak is also very durable and sturdy. It is as strong and good as most other sturdy kayaks in the markets. All this is because of the strong and polycarbonate material used in the construction of this type of kayak.
Impact ResistantRemember that the clear kayak is made of the durable and sturdy material. It is actually made of the same material used in fighter jet canopies. This makes it highly resistant to impact. You can hit a rock without causing severe damage to your kayak and yourself when out on the water.
It is FashionableLet be honest, looking at the clear and transparent kayak from all angles; it’s cute, it’s stylish, it is fashionable. The transparent polycarbonate gives it a classy one of a kind look.
Top Fun Activities to do With Clear Kayak
Whitewater RaftingWell, whitewater rafting is an extreme sport and quite frankly not so many people think it’s fun. But here is something I want you to know: Until you have the chance to experience it, you’ll never know just how fun and exciting rafting in white waters can be. To enjoy the sport, all you need is the ability to control your craft as well the rafting activities at all times. I have to repeat this; that white water rafting is a fun sport. It is one that you partake in with friends and family. This sport is especially fun in the summer when it’s nice and warm, and all you need is some water-related activity to cool off. Whitewater rafting is also an exciting activity because many people can take part in it at once. Friends and family can join up, and everyone can have a brilliant fun day.
PhotographyKayaking using the clear and transparent kayak can be fun, exciting and an excellent opportunity to capture unique shots of nature. When you are out on the lake, the river or the sea, you will blend with the picturesque and mysterious life of the waters below you and its surrounding environment. Trust me, no other type of kayak will give you the experience that will remain with you forever in your photographing journey as the clear kayak. The breathtaking experience on top of a fun-filled exercise, mix together with the ability to capture the beauty of nature. Photographing when kayaking on a clear kayak can be amazingly stunning and entertaining with the unpredictable nature of the sea/lake/river. It doesn’t matter who you bring along; the fact is that sailing on a clear kayak with a camera on hand to capture every beautiful thing you see.
FishingFor a real kayaking adventure, the best way to experience the water without actually climbing in it is to fish it! Even if you have never fished before, the transparent kayak makes it easy as you can see the fish swim right below you. The ability to see below the water helps to know where to hit or target when catching fish. Even though fishing is often considered monotonous, it can actually be the perfect fit for refreshing your mind and body while kayaking. Note that this activity isn’t for everyone. Nonetheless, it can be exhilarating and enjoyable for both amateurs and experts in the field.
Surf KayakingSurf kayaking can be a significant activity to do with your clear kayak if you have excellent paddling skills. You can discover and partake in a memorable voyage that takes you far and wide. Surf kayaking is generally is a great exercise. It provides an ideal adventure, especially for extreme sports enthusiasts and nature lovers. With this activity, you are the pilot of the kayak, and you will guide it to conquer the unpredictable sea and waves. To me, this is what adventure is all about; where you are solely responsible for your safety. With surf kayaking, you really have to be equipped with the requisite skills and kayak vessel. These will help you to cope with the rolling swells and the swelling waves of the sea. Although surf kayaking can be fun, not everyone is suited as it demands exceptional paddling skills and a suitable kayak. So, if you trust in your paddling skills and kayak, surf kayaking can be the most satisfying sea adventure you can partake in.
SightseeingWhat is sightseeing out on the water if you cannot see what’s right below you? A clear kayak allows you to see not just what’s around and above you, but also provides you with a clear view of the bottom of the water. If you enjoy sightseeing, therefore, a transparent kayak is an excellent way to admire the marine life. You can see the different types of fish swimming below, the funny looking marine plants as well as other aquatic animals you didn’t even know existed.
RacingIf one of your friends or family members has a transparent kayak similar to yours, a good way to bond and have some fun moments is to racing out on the water. Racing can be fun exciting, a great form of exercises and a fascinating way to enjoy some competitive spirit with friends and family.
PicnickingHow about a picnic with your loved ones on the lake or river in the countryside? Yes, you can a great time with your friends and family over a picnic while sailing through the lake/river or sea on a clear kayak. The combination of friendship and family bonds plus the sensation of being able to experience the incredible wonders of nature below and around can be memorable. With a clear kayak, you can do a lot – have fun, fish, race, etc. But wait… Do you have any questions about clear kayak? Great, I have some FAQs on transparent kayaks below – keep reading.
Clear Kayak FAQ: What You Must Know Before Going Kayaking
1. How different is the clear kayak from fro regular kayaks?The clear kayak is no different from the regular kayak except the fact that it features an all-transparent hull. It is equally strong, sturdy and durable as most other top quality kayaks that you know of.
2. Does one need any unique skills to sail a clear kayak?Not really. A clear kayak like I mentioned is just like any other kayak. Therefore, if you can paddle and can control a kayak on water, then you can sail a clear kayak. However, I understand that it can be dreadful sailing on a kayak with a clear bottom for the first time. In this case, it would be great if you do this in the company of an experienced clear kayak user. Also, going slow the first time will do you some good.
3. How stable are clear kayaks?Oh – very stable! You can literally stand up in a transparent kayak, and it will still maintain balance and stability. However, do not try this practically on water as it is not advisable.
4. Is clear and transparent kayak impact resistant?Highly resistant! The clear kayak is made from polycarbonate which is highly strong, durable and resistant to impact. If you want to gauge how resistant this vessel is, then think of bulletproof vests, aircraft, and canoes – they are made of polycarbonate sheet.
5. How safe is a clear kayak?Very safe. All safety measure is put in place right from the designing and construction of the transparent kayak. As a paddler, however, you need to prepare in case of any uncertainties. You need to be able to correct your kayak in case it capsizes. You need to know how to swim and be able to control your kayak even in rough water conditions. Most importantly, you need to have all the necessary kayaking gear including:
- Good paddle
- Buoyancy aids
- Balance floats, just to mention a few
6. What preparations do you need before you go out kayaking?Nothing much… Just ensure your kayak is in good condition and it is clean. Also, have your gear ready and enthusiasm on point. Being familiar with current weather of your kayaking locations would also be handy.
7. Is the clear and transparent kayak good for a beginner?Yes, it is. The clear kayak is designed for all kayakers, with or without experience.
8. How comfortable and versatile is this kayak?Pretty comfortable actually. This kayak is very comfortable and versatile and you can use it on sea, lake or river water. You can use it for virtually any water activity including fishing, surf kayaking, picnicking, diving, racing, etc.
9. Can you bring a camera on the water?Of course, you can! One of the beauties of a clear kayak is that you can see the bottom of the water. You can actually see the marine life and all their habitats. What’s more? You can capture all these beautiful sceneries and moments for your journal.
10. Does the clear and transparent kayak require special care and maintenance?No, it doesn’t. However, a little effort towards taking care of your kayak is essential for long-term durability and exquisite performance. So, to maintain your clear kayak, here are a few things you need to keep in mind;
- Always wash your kayak with a mild soap solution or recommended a washing agent or lukewarm water.
- Gently wash the kayak with a soft cloth and rinse well with clean water after washing.
- To avoid leaving spots of water on the kayak, thoroughly dry with a cellulose sponge or using chamois.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning agents and tools that may marks on the kayak’s protective coating.
- Always ensure that your feet are free from dirt when getting into your clear kayak. This will help prevent scuffing of the hull’s interior.
- Proper storage of your kayak when not in use is also essential for the longevity of the kayak. So store your kayak away from the direct sunlight. Also, keep it upside down when stored outside to avoid water from getting into the kayak.
- You can get a roof/Bimini/canopy for your boat to extend its life and your kayaking pleasure.
- Avoid using petroleum products while on the kayak, as polycarbonate and petroleum do not auger so well.
Excelite Kayak: Learn More about Excelite Polycarbonate Transparent Kayak
- Unique design with custom options available
- Distinguishing and attractive
- Fabricated to high quality standards, with a virgin solid polycarbonate sheet